Cat's Eye (Lehsunia)
Cat’s Eye ( लहसुनिया )
Cats Eye Gemstone represents shadow planet Ketu in Vedic Astrology. It should only be worn if recommended by Astrologer after analyzing horoscope. Cat's Eye is worn to boost the benefits of Ketu in one’s horoscope.
- Wear minimum 1/12 of Body weight, like 1 Carat (1.1 Ratti) per 12 Kgs.
- Cats Eye stone should be worn in middle finger of working hand.
- Gold, Silver & Panchdhatu are preferred metals for Cat’s eye ring.
- For Astrological Purpose, Chrysoberyl & Quartz Cat’s Eye are preferred.
- Chrysoberyl Cats Eye of Ceylon, Sri Lanka origin is best to be used as Astrological Gemstone, whereas Quartz Cats Eye is used as a substitute.
Cats Eye stone is recommended to person going through the Dasa or malefic phase of Ketu as it provides protection against any sudden mishaps during this period. It is enough powerful to prevent the health & financial losses by nullifying the evil effects of Ketu. It Safeguards against Enemies and Conspiracies. It helps to emerge out of debts, poverty and other setbacks in life. Cat’s Eye also helps in achieving higher level of Knowledge, Peace and Spirituality.
Cat’s Eye quality also includes its most unique feature ‘Cat’s Eye effect’ to the usual parameters; Color, Clarity, Shape & Cut. Cat’s eye effect is also called Chatoyancy that appears as single bright band of light across the surface of a gemstone. The band is formed at right angles to the dense parallel reflecting Inclusions. The stone has to be cut as Cabochon & the base to be kept rough or unpolished (to avoid leakage of light) to display Cat’s Eye effect.
Best Quality Cat’s Eye stones are mined from Sri-Lanka. Chrysoberyl Cat’s Eye, mined from Sri Lanka, is also called ‘Kanak Khet ka Lehsunia’. The most desirable colors of Cat’s Eye are Honey & Golden Green.
Astrological Cat’e Eye stone should have less visible inclusions, high transparency & strong cats eye effect for best Results.
Cats Eye Price depends on Color, Clarity, Cut & ‘Cats Eye’ effect. Cat’s Eye is an Optical phenomenon seen in few varieties of Gemstones. Strong Cats eye effect adds to its quality & thus increase the price.
- Chrysoberyl Cat’s Eye gemstone price range between ₹2000 ($30) to 30,000 ($400) per & above.
- Quartz Cat’s Eye stone price range is ₹400 ($5) to Rs. 1500 ($20) per carat and above.
Items 1-40 of 65