- Tsavorite Garnet comes in Green to Yellowish Green Colors.
- Tsavorite Garnet is one of the rarest varieties of Garnet mineral group.
- It was first found near Tsavo National park in Kenya in 1970, and given its name after the national Park.
- Tsavorite is very premium due to its rarity and command high price.
- The main source of Tsavorite Garnet is Tanzania.
- The color of Tsavorite can rival Emerald. Unlike Emerald, it often exhibits far fewer inclusions, and can be flawless. It is much rarer in nature then Emerald.
- The best Tsavorite color is a deep emerald green; lighter tones and yellowish hues are less desirable. The green coloring is caused by trace amounts of the elements chromium or vanadium in its chemical structure.
Tsavorite Garnet Price, Properties
- Chemical Formula :Ca3Al2Si3O12
- Color : Green to Yellowish Green
- Hardness : 7 - 7.5
- Crystal System : Isometric
- Refractive Index : 1.738 - 1.745
- SG : 3.6
- Transparency : Transparent
- Double Refraction : None
- Luster : Vitreous
- Mineral Species : Grossular (Garnet)