Ruby Gemstone ( माणिक, माणिक्य )
- Ruby (Variety of Corundum mineral species) is a Precious Red Gemstone, called Manik in Hindi. Ruby comes in Pure Red hue (Pigeon's Blood color) or various Tones of Red. Ruby Gemstone is liked for its Pure Red hue unlike seen in any other Gemstone Ruby is Birthstone of July month & is associated with Sun planet in Indian Astrology.
- Ruby (Manik )Stone Price range starts at around ₹ 1,000 ($ 15) per carat and goes up to ₹ 50,000 ($ 750) per Carat as per the quality. (Color, Clarity, Cut, Shape)
- Ruby Benefits: Ruby (Manik) is the stone associated with ‘Sun’. Sun is considered as the King among the Nine Planets and hence the most powerful too. Sun is the source of energy, Powerful, Authoritative and Respectable. A Strong Sun signifies similar qualities of Leadership, Confidence and Motivation. Wearing Ruby is beneficial for people in Government Job, Senior Positions or In Business. Ruby is also beneficial for people with Low Confidence, low self-esteem and who lack leadership qualities. It is a stone for Fame and relationships. It helps to get favors and acknowledgement from people at higher authorities. Ruby ensures cordial relationship with Partner, Family and Society members. It can ignite lost flame in a relationship. As per western astrology, It is also birthstone for the month of July.
Ruby Stone Price, Facts, Properties & Benefits
Ruby Stone Facts
Ruby is called ‘Manik’ or ‘Manikya’ in Hindi. Ruby is also called Ratnaraj, means ‘King of Gemstones’. The name “ruby’ comes from Latin word Ruber, means Red. Ruby is considered a symbol of Love & Power. Ruby has been cherished & admired by famous Kings & Queens in history.
Ruby belongs to Corundum mineral species. Corundum includes Sapphire in all colors and Ruby. Ruby is the special name given to the Red Colored Sapphire. Corundum is an allochromatic mineral, which means that in its purest form, the mineral corundum is colorless. Trace elements that become part of the mineral’s crystal structure cause various like Yellow, Blue & Red (Ruby). Chromium is the trace element that causes Ruby’s Red color.
- Hardness of Ruby on Moh’s Scale: 9
- Optic Character of Ruby: Anisotropic
- Refractive Index (RI) of Ruby: 1.76 – 1.78
- Specific Gravity (SG) of Ruby: 3.99 – 4.01
- Fluorescence: strong Red under long wave UV
- Pleochroism : strong Dichroism
Ruby shows strong Red Fluorescence under long wave UV light. Fine Ruby glows with intense Red in sunlight due to Red fluorescence, which intensifies its Red color.
Ruby is special because of its strong Pure Red color, which is rare among gemstones. Ruby’s best color is compared to Pigeon’s-Blood color or the Color of Pomegranate. It should be pure Red without any secondary tone. Ruby with Pinkish and Brownish tones are less expensive than Pure Red Ruby stones. The Transparency of a gem Quality Ruby may vary from Transparent to Translucent. Opaque Rubies are considered as low on quality scale.
Origin- Currently, Africa is the major source of fine quality untreated Rubies. Small quantities of Rubies are also mined in Thailand Cambodia, and parts of Australia, Brazil, Colombia, India, Namibia, Japan, and Scotland. Earlier, Rubies were mined in Burma (now Myanmar) also, which were called Burmese Ruby. However, Due to Political conditions the mining is stopped in Burma since last few decades. Whatsoever Burmese ruby is available in market is actually used pieces taken out from old jewellery articles. Due to scarcity, Burmese Ruby command very higher price. However, Since these are old and used rubies, Burmese rubies are avoided for astrological purpose. Bangkok Rubies from Thailand are heat-treated and glass-filled rubies. Bangkok Rubies are given the trade name- 'New Burmese Ruby' to mislead the customers. African Rubies remain the first choice for astrological purpose as these are available in unheated and untreated condition.
Color- Ruby is defined to be red. Rubies may also exhibit a range of secondary colors, including orange, purple, violet, and pink. The most desirable color of Ruby is compared to Pigeon's Blood Red Colour.
Clarity- Unlike Sapphires, Rubies are known for having many inclusions. Therefore most of the Rubies are translucent to Opaque. Transparent Rubies are very rare and command very high pricing. Transparency may cause the colour to look lighter and pinkish, therefore optimum translucency is most preferred while choosing a Ruby.
Carat- Carat is the measure of Weight. Big Sized Gemstones are rarer than the small ones.Therefore, Price per Carat is Higher for bigger Weight than the small weights of similar quality.
Cut- Rubies are cut in all kinds of Shapes. This is because Ruby is widely used in Jewellery. Ruby are mostly available in Round mixed, Oval mixed or Pear Mixed Shapes. Octagonal Shape is less available and hence more desired. Oval Shape is the most popular.
Cost-Ruby stone prices in India can range between ₹ 450 to 2 Lacs per carat, even above. Burmese ruby is expensive because of its limited availability exceptional colour quality.
Treatment- Ruby is given a heat treatment so as to intensify the colour as well as remove inclusions to increase clarity. The Surface reaching cracks are also filled with High-Density Lead Glass using Glass-Filling Techniques. Heat Treatment and Glass-Filling Treatments are so common that 90% Rubies found in Market are treated ones only. Treated Rubies should be avoided for Astrological usage.
African Rubies are the most sought-after rubies in the world today. They are preferred over Burmese Rubies for multiple reasons. The reason for their popularity are as follows:
- Pricing is logical and affordable. Rubies from other sources like Myanmar (Burma) and Sri Lanka are rare and therefore their pricing is bidding-based and thus exorbitant. Burmese Ruby might be a collectors dream but for astrological purpose, it is too much of investment. Bidding/auction-based pricing does not offer logical pricing.
- Deep Red Colour: The African Rubies exhibit a deep Saturated red colour which is a desirable colour for Astrological purpose. The Burmese Rubies are mostly Pinkish Red.
- Availability:There are active mining sites in Africa which supplies freshly-mined fine quality rubies. However, The Mining is stopped in Burma as the mines are now exhausted. The supply from Burma is also largely stopped due to political conditions there. The Currently available pieces of Burmese rubies are old, mostly taken out from the old jewellery pieces to be sold again. The renders Burmese ruby unsuitable for astrological purpose.
- Size: Burmese rubies are mostly found in small sizes. African rubies are available in all possible sizes. The ring sizes (between 4 carat to 8 carat) are easily available.
- No Treatment: African rubies have inherent good colour and thus these are not treated. On the Other hand, Burmese rubies are often treated to deepen their colour to make it proper Red.
These days, Treated rubies are given the name of ‘New Burmese ruby’. Such Rubies are mostly from Thailand but they are given a misleading name. Customers often get confused between Burmese and New-Burmese Rubies. New Burmese Rubies are name given to Treated rubies only.
Ruby Stone Benefits
Ruby (maanik) is the stone associated with ‘Sun’. Sun is considered as the King among the Nine Planets and hence the most powerful too. Sun is the source of energy, Powerful, Authoritative and Respectable. A strong Sun signifies similar qualities of Leadership, Confidence and Motivation. Wearing Ruby is beneficial for people in Government Job, Senior Positions or In Business. Ruby is also beneficial for people with Low Confidence, low self-esteem and who lack leadership qualities. It is a stone for Fame and relationships. It helps to get favors and acknowledgement from people at higher authorities. Ruby ensures cordial relationship with Partner, Family and Society members. It can ignite lost flame in a relationship. As per western astrology, It is also birthstone for the month of July.
How to Buy Natural Ruby?
How to Wear Ruby Stone?
Ruby (Manikya) is associated with Sun as per Indian Vedic astrology. Ruby is worn on the Day of Sun- ‘Sunday’, at an auspicious time of the day while chanting the Surya Beej mantra. Ruby can be worn in Ring or Pendant. Before wearing the Ruby, The Ruby stone should be fully energized and properly activated as per the Vedic procedures for best astrological results. Ruby stone is worn in Yellow metal; hence Ruby Ring or Pendant can be made of Gold or Panchdhaatu.
- Day of Wearing Ruby: Sunday
- Finger for wearing Ruby: Ring Finger
- Metal for wearing Ruby: Gold or Panch-dhaatu alloy
- Mantra for wearing Ruby: Om Hrim Sum Suryaya Namah
Where to Buy Ruby Gemstone?
Shubh Gems deals in Certified Natural Ruby stones from Burma (Myanmar) and Mozambique (Africa). We buy directly from the mines and therefore we are able to provide high quality Rubies at best price in India. We extend special assistance regarding wearing Ruby for astrological Purpose. We make customized designer Gold and Panchdhaatu alloy Rings for Men and Women. Wear Energized and Activated Ruby stone for astrological benefits.
Ruby Origin: Mining and Sources
Currently, the Best Source of Ruby is Burma (Myanmar) and Mozambique (Africa). Rubies mined from Burma are called Burmese Ruby. Some Indian-origin Rubies are also available in market but they are not preferred due to low quality.
Customized Ruby Rings and Pendants
We make customized Ruby Rings and Pendants as per astrological guidelines. We pay special attention to the finishing and detailing of the Gemstone Ring, Pendant or Bracelets, so that you cherish wearing it while enjoying the benefits of wearing your Lucky Stone.
Know Ruby Stone
Ruby ( Manik in Hindi ) is also called Ratnaraj, means king of gemstones. Its name comes from Latin word Ruber, means Red.Ruby is considered a symbol of Love & Power. Ruby has been cherished & admired by famous Kings & Queens in history. Ruby gemstone is Birthstone for July Month. Ruby stone ring made of Gold or alloy is worn for Sun Planet ( Surya ) as per Indian Vedic astrology. Ruby makes a person mentally & emotionally strong, motivated, enthusiastic & energetic. Buy ruby stone online at best price for astrological benefits.
Rubies can command the highest per carat price of any colored stone. This makes ruby one of the most important gems in the colored stone market. Ruby Belongs to Corundum species. In its purest form, the mineral corundum is colorless. Trace elements that become part of the mineral’s crystal structure cause variations in its color. Chromium is the trace element that causes ruby’s red color. Ruby is loved & admired for its pure & perfect Red hue unlike seen in any other gemstone. Mogok is Myanmar’s legendary valley of rubies; the source of many of the world’s most fabulous gems. Other sources include Mozambique, Thailand, Madagaskar, India & Vietnam. Shubh Gems deals in good quality Ruby stones direct from mines from all these sources.
Ruby’s color range is Red, tones of Red, to Purplish Red. Hardness of Ruby is 9 on Moh’s scale of hardness. Optic character of Ruby is anisotropic. Refractive index (RI) range is 1.760 – 1.778. The Specific Gravity (SG) lies between 3.99 – 4.01. Ruby shows strong Red Fluorescence under long wave UV light. Fine Ruby glows with intense Red in sunlight due to Red fluorescence, which intensifies its Red color.
Buy certified Natural Ruby stone online with laboratory report for its authenticity. Ruby stone is most preferred stone for Engagement & Valentine Rings as Ruby symbolizes Love. Ruby studded jewelry is Stylish & Precious. Ruby stone studded with diamonds in jewelry looks beautiful. Buy certified Natural Ruby stone online at best prices for astrological or adornment purpose. We make customized Ruby stone rings on order as per your requirement. Buy Ruby stone in India at Shubh Gems, New Delhi or order Ruby stone online from anywhere. Shubh Gems, India delivers Certified Natural Ruby stone without any delivery charges.
Frequently Asked Questions About Emerald Gemstone
1. What are the Astrological benefits of Ruby Gemstone?
Ruby is the gemstone for Sun. Sun signifies Leadership, Domination and strength. It also ensures good health, especially Mental Sharpness, Healthy Heart, Blood pressure and immunity. It also helps in receiving accolades, rewards, gifts and appreciation from the people around you. A Strong sun ensures ample support and mentorship of seniors and a rise in career. It is also helpful for success in competitive exams and to get government jobs. People who constantly receive disapproval or do not receive success must wear ruby.
2. Can emerald and ruby stones be worn together?
Emerald (Panna) is the planetary stone for Mercury (Buddh) which is a neutral planet. Emerald can be worn with Ruby. However, It is not a commonly prescribed combination. This combination is prescribed only in special cases. You must always consult an astrologer before wearing Emerald and Ruby together.
3. Can I wear a pukhraj ruby and red coral together?
Ruby makes a very auspicious combination with Pukhraj (Yellow Sapphire ), Moonga (Red Coral) and Pearl as well. Ruby gives amazing results if worn with these friendly gemstones.
4. How long does a gemstone take to work?
Gemstones start giving their effects from the day of wearing. However, The Visible results may take time. It varies from individual to individual. In some cases, the results are immediate.
5. Can Kumbha wear a ruby stone?
The Stone should be worn as per Horoscope. A Person belonging to Kumbha Rashi can wear Ruby if the sun is placed in horoscope suitably. One should consult an astrologer if unsure about their suitable gemstones.
6. How rare and valuable is a Mozambique ruby?
Ruby is a rare gemstone. Natural and un-treated Ruby from Mozambique, Africa is in high demand but the supply is limited. This makes Mozambique Ruby highly valuable. Burma(Myanmar) and Mozambique are considered the best sources of Ruby in the world.
7. How to identify the good and original ruby stone?
Always rely on a Lab-report for checking the authenticity of the gemstone. If still unsure, you may cross-verify the authenticity from the laboratory of your choice. other prescribed ways of testing gemstone may lead you to make the wrong decisions.
8. Where can I buy good quality Ruby gemstones in India?
Shubh Gems is the leading supplier of the finest quality natural rubies from Mozambique (Africa) and Burma (Myanmar). Visit Shubh gems store or buy online at www.shubhgems.com/ruby.
9. Can an Aries wear ruby?
Mars and Sun are friendly planets to each other and hence Aries (whose Rashi lord is Mars) can wear the gemstone for Sun, which is - Ruby.
10. Is ruby stone good for Libra?
Ruby does not have any side effects. Ruby can be worn by anyone.