Moonstone ( चंद्रकांत मणि )
- Moonstone Belongs to Feldspar mineral species. Moonstone is for Peace of mind & also reduces stress.
- Moonstone Price range starts at around Rupees 500/- ($ 8) per carat and go up to Rupees 5,000/- ($ 70) per Carat as per the quality. (Color, Clarity, Cut, Shape)
- Moonstone Benefits: The birthstone for June. Moonstone is believed to be the stone of Destiny, Mystery, Peace and Wishes. It makes the person Calm & affectionate.
Moonstone Price, Facts, Properties & Benefits
Moonstone belongs to Feldspar mineral group. Moonstone exhibits unusual optical phenomenon due to its uniquely layered microstructure. The Light diffraction within the layers of its microstructure creates mystical effect, moving blue sheen. This gives an appearance similar to Moonlight glowing in Water. The Phenomenon is also called ‘Adularescence’.
Besides Adularescence, Moonstone sometimes exhibits cat’s-eye effect also.
Moonstone is available in Nature in Variety of Colors ranging from Colorless to White, Gray, Green, Peach & Brown.
It is prized for its billowy Blue adularescence. Moonstone is mainly cut into Cabochons to highlight the Optical phenomenon.
Main sources of Moonstone are Sri Lanka, Myanmar, India& Madagascar.
|COLOR||Colorless to White, Gray, Green, Peach, Brown|
|BIREFRINGENCE||0.05 to 0.008|
|REFRACTIVE INDEX (RI)||1.518 to 1.526|
|HARDNESS on Moh’s Scale||6.0 to 6.5|
Moonstone is also Called ‘Chandrakanta Mani’ or ‘Chandra Mani’ in Hindi. Moonstone finds its mention in Vedic Astrology. Moonstone corresponds to Moon Planet. It helps in bringing Peace to Mind. Moonstone is a very positive stone which does not show any ill-effects to the person who wears it. It helps in getting rid of Phobias and Manias. It is a stone for protection against Evil Eye and it safeguards against illnesses and disorders. Adults can wear it for peaceful Sleep and for a healthy Mind. It sharpens memory. It helps in developing skills related to Arts and Creativity.
Moonstone is very beneficial for Children. It helps the child in channelizing their energy in correct direction and developing focus in studies and Skills. Children who fall frequently ill or who cannot focus in studies or hyperactive children must be made to wear Moonstone in Silver Pendant.
How to Buy Natural Moonstone?
How to Wear Moonstone?
Where to Buy Moonstone?
SHUBH GEMS offers wide range of Fine Quality Moonstones. We design customized Moonstone Ring,Pendants & Bracelets for Men, Women and Children.
- We Guarantee 100% Pure & Natural Gemstones with Certification from Government approved laboratory.
- All our Gemstones are scientifically as well as Astrologically tested for best results. Our Gemstones are free from any astrological Doshas like Cracks, Black spots & Knots etc. and hence Gemstone gives its full & positive effect.
- All our Gemstones are directly imported from the mines. We do not sell used Gemstones. Ideally, one should never wear a Used Gemstone for astrological purpose.
- As we buy directly from the mines and there are no middle-men, we offer Gemstones at Best and un-matched Price.
Moonstone (Chandrakanta in Hindi) is a variety of the feldspar-group mineral Orthoclase (KAlSi3O8). Feldspar Minerals make up more than half of Earth’s Rocky Crust. During formation, Orthoclase and Albite separate into alternating layers. When light falls between these thin layers of feldspar, it is scattered producing the phenomenon called adularescence; a ghostly sheen moving under the surface of this feldspar, like moonlight glowing in water. So, Moon stone is also associated with Moon Planet and recommended to People with high Aggression & Emotional disorders. Moon stone should be worn in silver or any other white metal. So, wear Moonstone Ring for Peace of mind, Emotional Stability & Positive Feel. It is an extremely beneficial for musicians, artists, writers and composers and is known to stimulate creativity and promote synchronization with nature’s aura and vibes. Besides adularescence, moonstone sometimes also shows a cat’s-eye effect. Various Colors of Moon stone are Colorless to White, Gray, Green, Peach & Brown. Optic Character of Moonstone is Anisotropic. Refractive Index (RI) range is 1.518 – 1.526 & Specific Gravity (SG) is 2.58. Hardness is 6.0 – 6.5 on Moh’s scale. Feldspar is prized for its billowy blue adularescence. Moonstone is mainly cut into Cabochons. Main sources of Moonstone are Sri Lanka, Myanmar, India & Madagascar. Shubh Gems deals in High quality Moonstones. Buy Moonstone online at best price. Buy Moonstone in India at Shubh Gems, New Delhi or order Moonstone online from anywhere. Shubh Gems, India delivers Certified Natural Moonstone without any delivery charges.