Amber is one of the very few organic gemstones. It is adorned and studied for its warmth, beauty and unique properties. It has been used as a healing and therapeutic stone since ancient times.
- It is not an Astrological stone, so it can be worn without the recommendation of an astrologer.
- There are no restrictions or limitations in wearing it. It can be worn by any person irrespective of age and gender. You can wear it any time, any day, for as long as you want to get the benefits.
- One should wear crystals as per their own requirement and purpose.
- Healing crystal should be 100% Natural. Crystals of bright color & better clarity are more efficient & effective than dull & poor quality crystals.
- Crystals which are heated, treated, artificially colored, highly included, cracked or damaged are not considered good for healing purposes.
- You can wear it in a Ring, Pendant or Bracelet made of silver or any metal of your choice.
- Shaped & Polished stones are good to wear.
- One should wear a minimum 1/10 of body weight i.e 1 carat per 10 kgs of body weight.
- If you prefer not to wear it, you can also keep it in your home, office or any space where you spend most of your time. Raw, Tumbled, Energy wands/Points, Spherical or any natural shaped crystals are preferred to be placed. The size or weight of a crystal depends on the size of space, where the crystal is to be placed so that the entire place is covered with healing energy.
- Properly activated & energized crystals provide better results.
Shubh Gems provides fully energized 100% natural and untreated crystals for best results to you.
Amber is a powerful healer and cleanser of the body, mind and spirit, which is why the stone is so coveted. In ancient times, it was considered to be the ‘soul of the tiger’ and was regarded as a stone of courage.
Amber opens the Solar Plexus Chakra and helps in balancing emotions, eliminating fear, dissolving negativity, developing patience and instilling confidence. It also encourages creative self-expression and brings wisdom.
Amber draws disease from the body, healing and renewing the nervous system and balancing the right and left parts of the brain. It also helps in relieving headaches, clearing the mind and boosting immunity.
The quality and value of any stone is evaluated on certain parameters.
Origin - Amber can be found all across the world in sedimentary deposits and on shorelines, due to waves and currents bringing material up from offshore beds. The two main sources of Amber in the market today are the Baltic shores and the Dominican Republic. Amber from the former is older, and thus preferred on the market, but that obtained from the latter is more likely to have insect inclusions.
Color - Amber stones mostly occur in various shades of yellow, orange and honey brown. Some stones have reddish tones and they are considered more valuable as they are believed to be much older. Stones with green, blue, or violet tints due to extreme fluorescence are very rare. Amber with deep rich yellow golden tones are the most sought after.
Clarity - Amber is a transparent to opaque stone. Amber stones are noted for its inclusions, which are chiefly insects, pollen, leaves, and other organic debris from millions of years ago. Some stones have still-living pine trees trapped in their oozing sticky fluids. Stones with clearly visible insect inclusions, light colors and clarity are most desirable and valuable.
Cut - Amber is usually polished into a free-form space to avoid any damage to its natural beauty. Stones with perfect round and oval shapes are less common and more in demand.